(Formerly Known as Parker’s Ferry Road)
Portion of Charleston Dorchester Boundary
(Effective Date January 10, 2017)
SC Code of Law: (http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t04c003.php)
SECTION 4-3-100. Charleston County.
“…following the center lines of the South Edisto River and the Edisto River to the point where the Dorchester County line intersects the center line of the Edisto River; thence eastward following the Dorchester County line to the center line of Secondary State Highway 10-317 or 18-317 (Parker's Ferry Road); thence eastward following the center line of Secondary State Highway 10-317 or 18-317 (Parker's Ferry Road) to its intersection with the center line of Rantowles Creek; thence northward following the center line of Rantowles Creek to its intersection with the Dorchester County line;…”
SECTION 4-3-200. Dorchester County.
“…lying north of the public road leading from Parker's Ferry, upon the Edisto River, to a public landing known as Lowndes' Landing, upon Rantowles Creek…”
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Certified Survey - (Charleston County Plat Book L17 page 0024; Dorchester County Plat Book M, page 103)
- Shapefile - For Mapping Programs
Historical and Reference Documents:
- 1900 Map of Dorchester County § Knight, J. Hamilton. Map of Dorchester County, South Carolina: made and created by an Act of the Legislature of So. Ca. Feb'y 25th 1897, from portions of Colleton and Berkeley counties. [South Carolina?: Publisher not identified, 1900] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division <https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593121>.
- Map from 1907 Annexation Attempt § Knight, J. Hamilton. Map Showing in part Collins and Adams Run Townships located in Colleton County So. Ca., dated May 20, 1907. Map. Provided by the South Carolina Department of Archives and History, <Series S166001>.
- Map from 1910 Annexation § Hamby, Theod. C.; Wannamaker, C.W. Map of Portion of Colleton Co., Proposed Annex to Charleston Co., dated Dec. 1910. Map. Provided by the South Carolina Department of Archives and History, <Series S166001>.
- Plan of Popler Grove Plantation § Purcell, Joseph. Plan of Popler Grove Plantation, from Surveys taken in 1791, 1800. Map. Provided by the South Carolina Department of Archives and History, <Series L10005, Plat 6505>.
- Plan of Part of Drayton’s Cowpen Tract § Purcell, Joseph. Plan exhibiting the shape and form of the swamp or Rice land on that part of Drayton’s Cowpen Tract lying South of the Public Road leading from Charleston to Parker’s Ferry, Lately purchased by William Washington, Survey taken in May 1795. Map. Provided by the South Carolina Department of Archives and History, <Series L10005, Plat 1317>.
- Charleston County Plat Book MC, page 0000 Map of Charleston County, South Carolina, Showing Public Roads, by E.D. Jervey, as appears in the Charleston Evening Post on May 5, 1926.
- Charleston County Plat Book W7, page 358 The Plan of Parkers Ferry, dated March of 1801.
- Bulow Landing Plan showing improvements to an existing earth type causeway and boat ramp, by Robert S. Hills, dated Nov. 25, 1968
- Highway Plans Plan and Profile of Proposed State Highway, Charleston County, File 10.762, Road S-317
Monuments: (See Certified Plat for Geographic Coordinates of Monuments)
- 1” Rebar w/ Cap: Set
- A: Edisto River (Calculated Centerline)
- C: 5/8” Rebar
- D: 3/4” Pipe
- H: 5/8” Rebar
- J: 2” Pipe
- DD: 2” Pipe
- YY: Rantowles Creek (Calculated Centerline)