Portion of Berkeley Dorchester Boundary
(Effective Date November 7, 2018)
SC Code of Law: (http://www.scstatehouse.gov/code/t04c003.php)
SECTION 4-3-80. Berkeley County.
“…southwestwardly by Dorchester County …and parts of the subdivisions formerly known as St. James Goose Creek…”
SECTION 4-3-200. Dorchester County.
“…from the intersection of the county line between Colleton and Berkeley Counties with the run of Four Holes Creek a straight line to a point upon Saw Mill Branch one mile northeast of the Southern Railway; thence along said branch to the former Colleton County line, and thence back to the starting point along the former line of division between Colleton and Berkeley Counties…”
- Certified Survey (Berkeley County Plat Cabinet 'T', page 50a, Dorchester County Plat Book 'M', page 158)
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Shapefile - For Mapping Programs
Historical and Reference Documents:
- 1900 Map of Dorchester County § Knight, J. Hamilton. Map of Dorchester County, South Carolina: made and created by an Act of the Legislature of So. Ca. Feb'y 25th 1897, from portions of Colleton and Berkeley counties. [South Carolina?: Publisher not identified, 1900] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division <https://www.loc.gov/item/2013593121>.
- Charleston County Plat Book AV, page 0168 Plat of the Charleston – Dorchester Counties County Line, by Sigma Engineers, Inc., dated July 10, 1978.
- Dorchester County Plat Book H, page 73 Plat of 313.25 Acres, Property of W.T. Hilton Est., by H. Exo Hilton, dated September 6, 1990.
- 1916 Prettyman Plat Map of Seven and one half (7 1/2) acres of land, by C.F. Prettyman, dated June 16, 1916.
- Walker, Legare. Dorchester County: A History of its Genesis, of the Lands Constituting Its Area, and of Some of Its Settlements, Institutions, Relics, Events, and Other Matters of an Historical Nature, Especially with Respect to Its Southeastern Part. 1941. Reprint Charleston, S.C.: J.W. Parker, 1979.
- Petition for the Creation of a New County Petition for Dorchester County. Provided by the South Carolina Department of Archives and History, <Series S166001 Governor’s Office, New County File, Box 1, Dorchester County>.
- 1968 Annexation Survey Survey to Incorporate This Portion of Charleston County Into Dorchester County. Provided by the South Carolina Department of Archives and History, <Series S213003>.
- Dorchester County Plat Book E, page 33 Plat Boundary of 100 Acre Tract of Finucan-Peters Development, Inc., by CRS-SIRRINE, INC., dated May 8, 1984.
- The Watchman and Southron Article Osteen, N.G. (1896, October 28). Three New County Schemes; Metes and Bounds of Calhoun, Greenwood and Dorchester. The Watchman and Southron, p. 1.
- Dorchester County Plat Book G, page 42 Plat of 6.77 Acres, Property of W.T. Hilton Est., by H. Exo Hilton, dated September 1987, Revised June 1988.
- 1998 Letter Requesting SCGS' Involvement
- Hodge Road, LLC, Petitioner, v. South Carolina Geodetic Survey, Respondent, 17-ALJ-30-0473-CC, 2018 SC ALJ LEXIS 209
- Susan Trotti, Petitioner, v. South Carolina Geodetic Survey, Respondent, 17-ALJ-30-0472-CC, 2018 SC ALJ LEXIS 208
- 1” Rebar w/ Cap: Set
- Bridge over Four Holes Swamp: Posts for bridge over main course of Four Holes Swamp (7-20-2000)
- Sawmill Branch: Sawmill Branch One Mile from R/R Bridge (7-20-2000)